skip to navigationskip to main content

Brighton Office: 01273 202311

Wimbledon Office: 020 8946 1212

Corporation Tax Returns

Regardless of whether you are a director, self-employed, partnership or corporation, taxation has a significant impact on corporate finance and cash flow.

Here at Hartley Fowler, we are proud to provide corporation tax return support to benefit you and your business.

Our specialist company tax return services will ensure that payments are determined on time, after careful planning, and in accordance with the relevant legislation.

Our Corporate Tax Services

Our experienced team of tax experts can assist you with:

  • Preparation of relevant self-assessment returns
  • Structured reviews to maximise business taxation planning opportunities
  • A consultancy service reviewing the tax implications of the purchase or the sale of a business
  • Revenue investigation and dispute settlement negotiations
  • Forensic tax investigation reviews and reports
  • Overseas tax advice
  • Advice in connection with VAT, NI, and employee benefit legislation

Corporation Tax Returns and more

As corporate income tax returns specialists, we can also offer support with:

  • Preparation of annual corporation tax returns
  • Maximising planning opportunities
  • Advice on group structures, inter-group trading, asset transfer, group acquisition, and disposals
  • Tax reviews in contemplation of an acquisition, sale, or demerger
  • International tax advice on offshore companies and foreign-controlled companies
  • Advice in connection with VAT, NI employee, and director benefits legislation
  • Tax planning for directors
  • Revenue investigation and dispute settlement negotiations.

Next Steps

To find out how our corporate tax services could help you, please contact our friendly and knowledgeable team. Alternatively, to discuss your company tax return, book your free consultation today.


What is a Corporation Tax return?

A Corporation Tax return is submitted to HMRC each year, outlining a company’s earnings, losses, loans and additional factors that may affect their tax liability. Companies will use this information to calculate the corporation tax they owe.

What is the deadline for a Corporation Tax return?

The deadline for submitting your Corporation Tax return is 12 months after the end of the financial accounting period.

Can I do my own Corporation Tax return?

If you have the relevant knowledge, time and experience, you can file your own Corporation Tax return. Alternatively, you can enlist the help of an experienced accountant who will prepare it for you.

How much is an accountant to do my corporate tax return?

Depending on the complexity and scope of your finances, the price of submitting a Corporation Tax return on your behalf may vary. To find out more about the cost of our services, please get in touch with a member of our team.

Do all businesses pay Corporation Tax?

You must pay corporation tax if your business earns over a certain amount and operates as:
1. A limited company
2. A foreign company with a UK branch
3. A club, co-operative or other unincorporated association.

How much can a small business make before paying taxes in the UK?

In the UK, businesses can make up to £12,570 before paying taxes.

Who needs to complete a CT600?

Limited companies, as well as other corporate bodies that are subject to corporation tax, must complete a CT600 form as part of their corporation tax return. The document outlines a business’s taxable profits or losses for a specific accounting period.