Useful Business Links
- Accountancy Related
- Businesses For Sale
- Business Start Up Advice
- Creative Thinking
- Debt Collection & Management
- Employment Related
- General Business Assistance
- Health & Safety
- Imports and Exports
- Information Technology
- Local Directories
- Pensions & Investments
- Raising Finance
- Institute Of Chartered Accountants In England and Wales
- Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of Scotland
- Institute Of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Institute of Financial Accountants
- Chartered Institute Of Management Accountants
- Association Of Accounting Technicians
- Chartered Institute Of Taxation
- The Association Of International Accountants
- Institute Of Internal Auditors
- Audit Commission
- Accounting Web
Designed for the accounting community to provide accounting information.
- The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
Businesses For Sale
- Businesses For Sale.com
- Start in Business - businesses for sale
- Nationwide Businesses
- Business Sale Report
- Startups - businesses for sale
- Avondale Group - Business Guides
- Businesses for sale
- Christie & Co
Business Start Up Advice
Wide ranging commercial small business advice sites with stacks of free advice...
Other useful start up sites...
- Businesses and Self-employed - GOV.UK
- HM Revenue & Customs
Advice from Revenue and Customs on business start up issues.
- Shell Livewire
Shell Livewire assists people aged 16-30 wanting to start up their own business.
- Princes Trust
Independent help for 16-30 year olds in developing their own business.
Mind mapping software
- Enchanted Mind
- The Daily Motivator
Thought for the day, have it emailed to you every day.
Debt Collection & Management
- Her Majesty's Courts Service
Money claim online.
- Guide to Late Payment of Commerical Debts (interest) Act 1998
- Insolvency Service
- Citizens Advice Guide To Debt
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service
- National DebtLine
- Department for Work & Pensions
- Bank Holidays
- British Employment Law
- Employers: Preventing discrimination
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Working, Jobs & Pensions - GOV.UK
- Flexible Working
- Employment Tribunals Online
- Trade Unions Congress
General Business Assistance
- Federation Of Small Businesses
The leading political lobby for British small business.
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills
- British Standards Institute
- Companies House
- British Franchise Association
- Institute Of Directors
- Confederation Of British Industry
- British Chambers
- Trade Association Forum
Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Executive
Government health & safety advice.
- British Safety Council
- Health & Safety Books
- First Aid At Work
- Health and Safety at Work - GOV.UK
- Watch Your Step
Imports and Exports
- HM Customs and Excise uktrade info site
Authoritative and up to date knowledge on UK imports and exports.
- Export Credits Guarantee Department
The UK's official export credit agency.
- British Exporters Association
- Institute Of Export
- UK Trade & Investment
- Microsoft Knowledge Base
A searchable technical support database that will help you when things go wrong with Microsoft products.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Great download site.
- ZDNet Downloads
For FREE software downloads.
One-stop source for device drivers, anti-virus updates and security patches.
- PC World
The online store
The zip file utility for windows.
- PC Mechanic
Reference site for PC users.
- Get Safe Online
Protect yourself against internet threats.
- Online UK Legislation
The full text of all new Public General Acts since 1988 are available via these Web Pages and updated regularly.
- Law Society Of England and Wales
- Law Society Of Scotland
- Competition and Markets Authority
- Trading Standards
- Data Protection/Freedom Of Information(Information Commissioners Office)
- Lawyers For Your Business
A network of 1,200 solicitor firms in England and Wales offering free half-hour consultations to small businesses.
- Intellectual Property Office
Responsible for Intellectual Property (Copyright, Designs, Patents and Trade Marks) in the UK.
- Marketing Law
- Chartered Institute Of Marketing
- Direct Marketing Association
- Academy Of Marketing
- Direct Selling Association
- Advertising Standards Authority
- Royal Mail
- Marketing UK
- Marketing Survival Kit
- Cardell Media
Strategies to grow your business.
For marketing lists...
- Financial Times
- Daily Telegraph
- Times Online
- The Guardian
- Sky News
- Number 10
News straight from the horses mouth
Premier financial news.
- Accountancy Age
News from the accountancy profession.
- The Economist
- National Statistics Office
Home of official UK statistics.
- The Sun!
Pensions & Invesments
- Financial Conduct Authority
- State Pension Forecast
- Pension Calculator
A tool to help you work out how much retirement income you might receive from what you save.
- The Pension Service (Dept for Work and Pensions)
- Pensions Ombudsman
- Stakeholder Pensions
- Endowment Redress
Which website on endowment mis-selling
- The Open University
- Department for Education
- Investors In People
- Learn Direct
Distance learning, online courses, computer courses and adult courses.
- Training Zone